Hurricane Irma Insurance UpdateFriday, September 8th, 2017, 9:27 pm
HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE:
Hurricane Irma is currently a Category 4 storm expected to reach Florida this weekend. The current forecasted path shows it approaching Georgia, South Carolina and potentially Alabama by Tuesday. There are multiple mandatory evacuations in place. This storm is expected to bring significant wind, storm surge and rainfall hazards. Our biggest concern is the safety of our clients, colleagues, families and friends.
We are monitoring the event and are on standby. We are keeping our fingers crossed for minimal impact and are prepared to assist you
IF YOU EXPERIENCE A CLAIM:
1. Contact us directly. We will have your policy information with us. We will report your claim. We will be your advocate and answer any questions you may have. We will need a description of the damage, the location and the contact information to submit your claim.
2. It is important to listen to the local authorities and make sure it is safe to return to your property. Beware of hazards like downed power lines and structural damage to your home before proceeding.
3. Take photos if possible.
4. Keep receipts for any expenses incurred (temporary repairs, cleaning, remediation, living expenses, etc.)
5. If property is removed, try to keep it on premises. If this is not possible, try to keep samples for the adjuster.
6. In situations like these you may be approached by public adjusters who charge a percentage fee as much as 15% to assist with claims. Your insurance company will provide an adjuster at no charge. Additionally, we will assist you through this process. We strongly suggest you do not hire a public adjuster.
7. It is best to be in touch with us before you sign contracts for work.
8. Beware of fraudsters. Don’t make large down payments. Don’t be rushed into signing a contract.
9. Please note that landscaping has minimal if any coverage.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Call us. We will be happy to help.